ARC Lifeguard Training
This comprehensive Lifeguard, CPR for the Professional Rescuer, First Aid and AED class will prepare you for employment as a lifeguard. You must be able to complete a 300-yard swim non-stop using front crawl and breaststroke and one other timed swimming test to participate in the class. Textbooks no longer are included in the cost of the class. Participants are responsible for ordering their own textbooks through Staywell at https://www.shopstaywell.com/ or downloading a digital version from http://www.editiondigital.net/publication/?i=95090 before the first class. The name of the book needed is Lifeguarding Participant's Manual (Rev. 1/12). Please be sure to bring a notebook and pen, swim suit and towel, personal pocket mask and your textbook to every session. If you do not have a personal pocket mask, you may purchase one at the time of registration. Participants must attend all classes and successfully pass skill tests and a written exam in order to be certified. Please note: No refunds will be issued if participants do not pass the class.
Any class conflicts must be discussed with the instructor and approved prior to class.
- Ages: 15 years old and up (class limited to 6)
- Member Fee: $160 / Personal Pocket Mask: $14 (required)
- Non-Member Fee: $200 / Personal Pocket Mask: $14 (required)
- Location: Carlisle Family YMCA
- Sessions: December 2019 | March 2020 | April 2020 | May 2020
- Schedule: Dec 21/27 from 9am-3pm and Dec 22/29 from10am-2pm | March 2/3/9/10/16/17/24 from 6-9pm and March 15 from 10am-2pm | April 7/9/13/15/21/27 from 6-9pm and April 26 from 10am-2pm | May 8/15 from 5-9pm May 9/16 from 9am-4pm and May 17 from 10am-2pm