(Breast)Stroke for a Cure
Count the laps you swim and minutes you exercise in the pool from October 14-20 and make a donation to help find a cure for breast cancer. One-hundred percent of your donation will be given to the PA Breast Cancer Coalition.
HOW IT WORKS
- Make a commitment to donate any amount per lap swam and/or per minute exercised in the pool.
- Swim/exercise as much as you can from Oct. 14-20, 2018.
- Tally your total number of laps and/or minutes and multiply by the amount(s) you committed to give.
- Make a donation directly to the PA Breast Cancer
- Coalition by visiting www.pabreastcancer.org and clicking the pink “Donate” tab. Be sure to check that your donation is for a specific event and put the Carlisle Family YMCA as the title of the event so
they can track the donation to the (Breast)Stroke for the Cure challenge and we can get a grand total for everyone who contributed. If you would prefer to mail a check, make your check payable to PA Breast Cancer Coalition and mail it to: PA Breast Cancer Coalition, 2397 Quentin Road, Suite B, Lebanon PA 17042.
EXAMPLE: Joe commits to donating $1 per lap he swims and 25¢ for every minute he exercises. Joe swims 20 laps on Monday and takes Wet ‘N Wild with Carrie on Tuesday and Aquacize with John on Friday. He exercises a total of 120 minutes in the two classes. He multiplies that by 25¢ for a total of $30. He adds that to the $20 for his laps and donates $50 to the PA Breast Cancer Coalition.
- Ages: All ages
- Member Fee: Donation
- Sessions: October 14-20, 2018