Functional Fitness Center
We are super excited about our Functional Fitness Center and the added value is brings to your already valuable Y membership! Here's what you need to know about the new space:
WHO CAN USE IT?
- The FFC is only for Carlisle Family YMCA members. NO GUESTS ALLOWED!
- Members ages 13 and over can use the FFC during free time or take fee-based, small group classes.
- Youth members ages 7-12 can use the FFC while under constant parent supervision.
- Youth ages 7-14 can use the FFC during designated youth times for FREE!
HOW IS IT USED?
- Small group classes are offered at a variety of times for members ages 13 and over for a small fee.
- Youth programming is offered, which includes structured classes as well as group play time.
- The FFC is available for members ages 13 and over for FREE when classes are not in session.
WHAT KINDS OF CLASSES ARE OFFERED?
- Y-FIT - Y-Fit classes focus on several different exercises performed in sequence that target a variety of muscle groups in each movement. A combination of HIIT, CrossFit, Boot Camp etc.style all rolled into one. Class size is limited to 10 people.
- TRX SUSPENSION TRAINING - Born in the Navy SEALs, TRX Suspension Training develops strength, balance, flexibility and core stability simultaneously. Class size is limited to 6 people.
- YOUTH FITNESS - Functional training can be adapted to any age or ability, so we will be offering classes tailored specifically for ages 7-14 that will include a blend of functional fitness style exercises.
NOTE: Although a short warm-up will be incorporated into classes, we recommend that you warm up 10-15 minutes prior to every class.
HOW MUCH WILL CLASSES COST?
- UNLIMITED MONTHLY PACKAGE = $24 / month / person - Members ages 13 and over can sign up to have this additional fee electronically deducted along with their monthly membership fee and then take as many Y-Fit and TRX classes as they would like. (NOTE: It is highly recommended not to take more than 2 Y-Fit or TRX classes per week, and to allow 1-2 days of rest between classes.)
- DROP-IN RATE = $8 / class - If your schedule won't allow you to take advantage of the extreme value of the monthly package, members ages 13 and over can choose to pay per class.
DO I NEED AN ORIENTATION BEFORE I CAN USE IT ON MY OWN?
- We recommend that teens ages 13-18 attend an orientation prior to free time use. You can do that by coming to a class or just stopping by the FFC on Mondays or Wednesdays between 4:30-5pm.
- If you are over the age of 18, we are not requiring you to have an orientation, but we are happy to show you around if you are interested. The best way to get an introduction to Y-Fit and/or TRX Suspension Training is to sign up for a class. Or you can make an appointment with one of our fitness specialists. Just stop by the Welcome Center and ask to schedule an appointment.
- We hold orientations for our youth members ages 7-14 during the youth programming block. You do not need to sign up in advance.
HOW DO I PAY FOR CLASSES?
- Members ages 13 and over who wish to sign up for the Unlimited Monthly Package to get the most bang for their buck should stop by the Welcome Center to have the $24 / month / person fee electronically deducted along with their monthly membership fee. This fee will not be prorated, so register early in the month to take full advantage of this deal.
- Members ages 13 and over also can choose to pay per class. The $8 / class Drop-In Fee will be charged when you register for each class (see below).
- All Youth Fitness classes are FREE for ages 7-14.
HOW DO I REGISTER FOR CLASSES?
NOTE: Whether you have paid for "unlimited" access to our Y-Fit and TRX classes or just want to try out a class, you MUST register in advance as class size is limited.
- Registration for every class opens 2 weeks in advance and remains open through the start of class, if space allows.
- To register online, go to the calendar on our website to see the classes offered each day. Click on the class you would like to attend. Click the "Register Now" link to be taken to our online registration site. Or you can click the blue "Register Now" button below to see a full listing of classes open for registration. Check the box(es) for the day and time(s) of the class(es) you want to attend and click the gray "Register" button. This will take you to the login screen where you will see three rectangles:
- If you already have registered for programs using our online system, just enter your e-mail address and password in the first rectangle.
- If you are a current member but haven't set up your online account, select the second triangle to enable your online account. You can use your online account to register for classes, programs and events.
The third rectangle is for non-members and since the Functional Fitness Center is only for Carlisle Family YMCA members, you can disregard this rectangle.
- Once signed in, follow the on-screen prompts to complete your registration for the class(es). You will be asked if you already have paid for the Unlimited Monthly Package or will be paying the Drop-In Fee. Only check the box for "Unlimited Monthly Package" if you have paid for this service. If you have not, check the "Drop-In Fee" box and the $8 will be charged.
HOW DO I CANCEL IF I AM UNABLE TO ATTEND A CLASS?
- You MUST contact us to let us know if you will not be able to attend a class for which you registered. Call Physical Director Jay Cattron at 243-2525 ext 230 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel.
- If you paid the Drop-In Fee, you must contact us at least 24 hours in advance to receive a 75% refund. If you cancel less than 24 hours before the class - or do not show up - no refunds or credits will be given.
- If you have the Monthly Unlimited Package, you still need to let us know if you will not be able to attend a class for which you have registered. After three no-shows, your Unlimited Monthly Package will be canceled and you will have to pay the Drop-In Fee for future classes.
HOW DO I CANCEL MY MONTHLY UNLIMITED PACKAGE?
- Stop by the Welcome Center by the last day of the month to avoid being charged for the following month.
To protect your member experience and our investment, we ask that you please abide by the following rules:
- THIS ROOM IS A MEMBER BENEFIT SO NO GUEST ARE ALLOWED
- Age of use:
-Members ages 13 and over can use during free time or take fee-based classes
-Youth members ages 7-14 can use during designated youth times only
-We recommend teens ages 13-18 attend an orientation prior to free time use
- All members must sign in during free time and before classes
- No bags of any kind allowed
- No jackets or coats allowed
- No food allowed
- Only plastic, capped bottles of water or sports drinks allowed
- Proper gym attire required:
-Athletic shoes only - not sandals, boots, etc.
-Everyone must wear a shirt at all times
- Clean and re-rack all equipment used during free time or after classes
- No phone calls allowed - please step outside to take a call
- Absolutely no swearing or inappropriate language
- Do not remove equipment from the FFC
- Do not bring in equipment from the Adult Fitness Center or your home
You can download a copy of the FFC Handbook with all of this information and more below.
- Ages: 13 years and older
- Member Fee: UNLIMITED = $24 / month / member | DROP-IN = $8 / class
- Location: Functional Fitness Center
- Schedule: See schedule below