Understanding Autism: One Piece at a Time Fitness Challenge
The Y is promoting Autism Awareness Month during April. Understanding Autism challenge participants will get a T-shirt and autism pin (if registered by April 15) and collect daily puzzle pieces at each visit to put on their puzzle cards. Blank puzzle cards can be picked up at the Welcome Center starting April 2. Most days you will just stop by the Welcome Center to pick up your puzzle piece, but on the following dates you must complete the challenge listed to earn your puzzle piece. After completing the activity, you can get your puzzle piece in the designated area:
- Monday, April 2 - Wear blue in recognition of World Autism Awareness Day (Welcome Center)
- Wednesday, April 4 - Take a fitness class in Prescott (Prescott Room)
- Wednesday, April 11 - Workout in the Adult Fitness Center (Adult Fitness Center)
- Wednesday, April 18 - Go swimming or take a water exercise class (Indoor Pool)
All puzzle piece sheets - completed or not - must be turned in to the Welcome Center by May 7, 2018 to be entered in the drawing to win a Y prize pack.
A portion of the proceeds will be donated to NHS School Carlisle.
Thank you to our sponsor: The Shatto Family
- Ages: All ages
- Member Fee: $10
- Sessions: April 2-30, 2018
- Schedule: Registration is open through April 30, 2018, but you must register by April 15, 2018 to get a T-shirt and autism pin.