Darkness to Light Stewards of Children Trainings
Associate Executive Director Justin Rose is certified through Darkness to Light to offer Stewards of Children trainings in our local community. D2L’s mission is to empower people to prevent child sexual abuse. D2L programs raise awareness of the prevalence and consequences of child sexual abuse by educating adults about the steps they can take to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to the reality of child sexual abuse.
By having a facilitator right here at the Y, we can train our staff and protect our children, while also serving as a community provider to eliminate child sexual abuse in our community. Choose one of the sessions below or groups interested in coordinating their own training should contact Justin.
The Darkness to Light program supports the Y’s commitment to Youth Development and Social Responsibility.
This training is mandatory for all Y staff and is offered free of charge. Please RSVP to your director supervisor.
- Ages: Anyone who works with children
- Member Fee: $15 / person for partner agencies
- Non-Member Fee: $20 / person for non-partner agencies
- Location: May - Camp Thompson | June - Carlisle Family YMCA
- Sessions: Thursday, May 17, 2018 from 6-8pm | Friday, June 1, 2018 from 10am-12pm