Healthy Kids Day®
We are hosting YMCA’s Healthy Kids Day®, an annual, national initiative to improve the health and well-being of kids and families. When a child is healthy, happy, motivated and excited, amazing things are bound to happen. Healthy Kids Day is a powerful reminder not to let children idle away their summer days but instead, focus on physical and mental play.
The participating agencies listed below will provide information and activities for kids and their families. We also will have our inflatables up and running as well as other outdoor games. And you won’t want to miss the anti-bullying presentation by local author Kristen LaBuda at 10:30am or the MOVE IT juggling demonstration by Jeff Jehrio at 12:30pm. And don't forget the free food from South Side Deli!
Participating agencies include:
- American Trauma Society - Bike Helmet Fittings (bring your own or buy one for $10)
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Capital Region
- Bosler Memorial Library
- Carlisle Arts Learning Center
- Carlisle Family YMCA Summer Camps
- Cumberland County Sheriff’s Office - Free Child IDs
- Girl Scouts in the Heart of Pennsylvania
- Good Sports Club (books on sale for $10 each)
- Metzger Wickersham
- Penn State Extension Master Gardeners
- Pennsylvania State Police
- Primerica Financial
- Project SHARE
- Strouse Entertainment
- Success by 6
- UPMC Pinnacle Carlisle
Healthy Kids Day® is just one more way the Y works to strengthen community!
Healthy Kids Day is sponsored by The Tuckey Companies as part of our 2019 Healthy Family Home Series.
- Ages: All area families
- Location: Carlisle Family YMCA
- Sessions: Saturday, April 27, 2019
- Schedule: 10am-2pm