PA State Alliance
The Pennsylvania State Alliance of Ys is an unincorporated alliance of Ys in the State of Pennsylvania. The purpose is:
- to foster statewide communication and cooperation among Ys.
- to gain consensus on issues of importance to the Y.
- to make policy and decision makers aware of the Y's mission and programs and gain recognition as a leader on issues that affect children and families.
- to advocate on behalf of the children and families served by the Y
- to protect the operating integrity of the Y organization in order to carry out its mission.
Facts about Ys in Pennsylvania:
- Pennsylvania has more Ys than any other state – 75 corporate and 85 branches
- Ys serve nearly 900,000 people across the state in urban, suburban and rural communities
- Nearly $29 million is raised annually for scholarships, subsidies and other community services just in Pennsylvania Ys
- Pennsylvania Ys are the largest provider of child care in the state
- Over 28,000 people volunteer their time serving as child care aids, swim instructors, tutors, mentors, coaches and chaperones. Others serve on boards and committees, providing their skills, talents and leadership.
For more information on the Pennsylvania State Alliance of Ys, visit pastateallianceofymcas.org.