Child Swim Test Screenings
Bring your children to the Y in April so they can take our swim test to be assigned a color wrist band that matches their swimming ability:
- Red = under 9 and non swimmer (parent must be in the water with them at all times)
- Yellow = over 9 but cannot swim (stay in the shallow end)
- Green = swim anywhere (if under 9 a parent must be on the pool deck with them at all times)
The lifeguard will administer the swim test, which consists of swimming 1 length of the pool with rotary breathing and treading water for 1 minute in the deep end of the pool. Beginning April 15, when you check in you will pick up the appropriate color wrist band at the Welcome Center. Bands should be returned before leaving the pool deck.
- Ages: 12 years old and under
- Member Fee: FREE!
- Location: Carlisle Family YMCA Indoor Pool
- Sessions: April 2019
- Schedule: Mondays through Thursdays from 7-7:30pm