CYAA Competitive Age Group
The Carlisle Family YMCA has a competitive swimming program (CYAA) for youth up to age 18. The program includes development and training for all levels from the novice swimmer to the national elite. No tryouts are held, but swimmers must be able to swim one length of the pool (25 yards). The team participates in the YMCA Swim Coaches' Association of Pennsylvania (YSCAP) League and competes in several dual meets as well as optional USA and other YMCA invitational meets. The swim team is divided into three groups: Mini Sharks, Competitive Age Group and High School Age Group. The season runs from October to February. A Y membership (youth, teen or family) is required for all swimmers. The only exception is for high school swimmers who only want to practice and will not compete in any dual or championship meets.
The competitive age group swim team includes youth ages 9-18 (may include a younger swimmer by invitation from the coach). The season runs from October 9, 2017 - February 2018 for most swimmers and practices are offered 5 days/week. Participants are encouraged to attend a minimum of 3 practices per week. Participants in this group must possess a Y membership (youth, teen or family) that is effective by the first day of practice.
SWIM TEAM INFORMATION NIGHT - TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 26, 2017 AT 7PM
Parents of swim team participants - both new and experienced - are asked to attend our information meeting.
- Ages: 9 - 18 (younger by invitation only)
- Member Fee: $350 (monthly payment plan available)
- Location: Carlisle Family YMCA
- Sessions: October 9, 2017 - February 2018
- Schedule: OCT 9 - NOV 13 - Middle School: Mon-Fri from 3:30-5pm | Elementary: Mon/Fri from 5-6pm and Tues/Wed/Thurs from 4-5pm STARTING NOV 14 - Elementary: Mon/Fri from 5-6pm and Tues/Wed/Thurs from 4-5pm | Middle School: Mon from 6-7:30pm, Tues/Wed/Thurs from 3:30-5pm and Fri from 4:30-6pm | STARTING NOV 2 - Invitation only: Tues/Thurs from 5:45-6:45am