CYAA Mini Sharks Session One
The Carlisle Family YMCA has a competitive swimming program (CYAA) for youth up to age 18. The program includes development and training for all levels from the novice swimmer to the national elite. No tryouts are held, but swimmers must be able to swim one length of the pool (25 yards). The team participates in the YMCA Swim Coaches' Association of Pennsylvania (YSCAP) League and competes in several dual meets as well as optional USA and other YMCA invitational meets. The swim team is divided into three groups: Mini Sharks, Competitive Age Group and Elite High School Age Group. The season runs from October to February. A Y membership (youth, teen or family) is required for all competitive swimmers.
MINI SHARKS SESSION ONE!
Want to see what being on the swim team is all about? This program is specifically for children ages 5-8 years old and 9-year-olds who are new to competitive swimming and would like to just “get their feet wet.” The season runs from November 6 – December 22, 2017 and practices are offered 3 days/week. Session One Mini Sharks are encouraged to compete in our meets during the session. Participants in this group do not need to have a Y membership, but will only be able to swim exhibition if they are not Y members.
- Ages: 5-8 years old and 9-year-olds new to competitive swimming
- Member Fee: $100 (monthly payment plan available)
- Non-Member Fee: $150 (monthly payment plan available)
- Location: Carlisle Family YMCA
- Sessions: November 6 - December 22, 2017
- Schedule: Monday / Wednesday / Friday from 5:15-6pm (through November 17) Beginning November 20: Monday / Wednesday from 5:15-6pm and Friday from 6-6:45pm