Swim Basics Swim Lessons
Students in our Swim Basics Swim Lessons learn personal water safety and achieve basic swimming competency by learning two benchmark skills: swim, float, swim—sequencing front glide, roll, back float, roll, front glide and exit—and jump, push, turn, grab. Students are taught the recommended skills to have around water including safe water habits, underwater exploration and how to swim to safety and exit in the event of falling into a body of water. Activities, games and drills to reinforce learning are utilized heavily as students progress in this skill-based approach to swimming.
- 1 / Water Acclimation - Increases comfort with underwater exploration and introduces basic self-rescue skills performed with assistance.
- 2 / Water Movement - Encourages forward movement in water and basic self-rescue skills performed independently.
- 3 / Water Stamina - Develops intermediate self-rescue skills performed at longer distances than in previous stages.
If you have a question about what level to choose for your child, contact Aquatics Director Tara Young (contact info below).
Please note: The child taking lessons must be a member to receive the member rate.
- Ages: 3 years old and up
- Member Fee: $45
- Non-Member Fee: $75
- Location: Carlisle Family YMCA Indoor Pool
- Sessions: July 25 - August 3, 2017 | August 8-17, 2017 | September 11-28, 2017 | October 9-26, 2017 | November 6-28, 2017 (skip 11/22 and 11/23) | December 4-21, 2017
- Schedule: JULY/AUGUST - Choose: Tuesdays / Wednesdays / Thursdays from 10-10:30am OR 5:30-6pm | SEPT-DEC - Choose: Monday / Wednesday or Tuesday / Thursday evenings