Swim Strokes Swim Lessons
PLEASE NOTE: WEEKDAY LESSONS MEET TWICE A WEEK FOR 3 WEEKS. SATURDAY LESSONS MEET FOR 4 WEEKS. PLEASE CLICK “REGISTER NOW” FOR EXACT DATES OF EACH SESSION.
Having mastered the fundamentals, students in our Swim Strokes Swim Lessons learn additional water safety skills and build stroke technique, developing skills that prevent chronic disease, increase social-emotional and cognitive well-being and foster a lifetime of physical activity. Swimmers are introduced to the four competitive swimming strokes as well as rescue skills and healthy lifestyle habits.
- 4 / Stroke Introduction - Introduces basic stroke technique in front crawl and back crawl and reinforces water safety through treading water and elementary backstroke.
- 5 / Stroke Development - Introduces breaststroke and butterfly and reinforces water safety through treading water and sidestroke.
- 6 / Stroke Mechanics - Refines stroke technique on all major competitive strokes and encourages swimming as part of a healthy lifestyle.
If you have a question about what level to choose for your child, contact Aquatics Director Tara Young (contact info below).
Please note: The child taking lessons must be a member to receive the member rate.
- Ages: 3 years old and up
- Member Fee: $45
- Non-Member Fee: $75
- Location: Carlisle Family YMCA Indoor Pool
- Sessions: Saturdays, March 30 - April 27, 2019 (skip 4/20) or May 4 - June 1, 2019 (skip 5/25) | Mon/Wed and Tues/Thurs, April 1-18, 2019 or May 6-23, 2019
- Schedule: Choose: Monday / Wednesday or Tuesday / Thursday evenings or Saturday mornings (excluding December)