CYAA Competitive Age Group
The Carlisle Family YMCA has a competitive swimming program (CYAA) for youth up to age 18. The program includes development and training for all levels from the novice swimmer to the national elite. No tryouts are held, but swimmers must be able to swim one length of the pool (25 yards). The team participates in the YMCA Swim Coaches' Association of Pennsylvania (YSCAP) League and competes in several dual meets as well as optional USA and other YMCA invitational meets. The swim team is divided into three groups: Mini Sharks, Competitive Age Group and High School Age Group. The season runs from October to February. A Y membership (youth, teen or family) is required for all swimmers. The only exception is for high school swimmers who only want to practice and will not compete in any dual or championship meets.
The competitive age group swim team includes youth ages 9-18 (may include a younger swimmer by invitation from the coach). The season runs from October 7, 2019 - February 2020 for most swimmers and practices are offered 5 days/week. Participants are encouraged to attend a minimum of 3 practices per week. Participants in this group must possess a Y membership (youth, teen or family) that is effective by the first day of practice.
Thank you to Daily Express, Inc. for sponsoring the CYAA Sharks!
SWIM TEAM INFORMATION NIGHT - MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 9, 2019 AT 7PM
Parents of swim team participants - both new and experienced - are asked to attend our information meeting.
- Ages: 9 years old through middle school (younger by invitation only)
- Member Fee: $350 (payment plan available by request)
- Location: Carlisle Family YMCA
- Sessions: October 7, 2019 - February 2020
- Schedule: Mondays - 9-10: 5-6pm / 11-14: 6-7:30pm | Tuesdays/Thursdays - 9-10: 4-5pm / 11-14: 4-5:30pm | Wednesdays - 9-10: 6-7pm / 11-14: 3:30-5pm | Fridays - 9-14: 5-6:30pm | Saturdays - 9-14: 8-9am (OPTIONAL - starts November 2, 2019)